Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Billing cycle changes + Payment method plugin structure
Hello there I'm developing a billing cycle feature to THT, when I finish I will proposed it to the core developers ...

I'm also developing a plugin management for payment methods. So we can pay with other than paypal.

Billing cycles DB changes

1. Adding a new table billing_cycles (id, name, number_months)
Examples:
1, Annually, 12
2, Monthly, 1

2. Adding a new table billing_packages (billing_id, packages_id, amount)
So every package will have a relation here.

Plugin Method:

i'm thinking to develop something like the structure of ubercart (drupal module):

Directory structure example

includes/plugins/payment/paypal
includes/plugins/payment/2checkout
includes/plugins/payment/money_order
etc...

Example:

Inside the paypal folder we will have:
info.txt Plugin info (or whatever the name and extension)
main.php Class of the payment method (or whatever the name and extension)
This would be awesome, specially for Money_Bookers and AlertPay Big Grin Great idea Big Grin
Regards,
Andraž Rihtar
(06-17-2010, 05:47 AM)Svizy Wrote: This would be awesome, specially for Money_Bookers and AlertPay Big Grin Great idea Big Grin

Yeap with this plugin proposal it will be more easy for the community to add different payment methods.
This would be a good example of a flexible and powerful payment system.

We won't be supporting it though. Tongue
Jonny H - THT Main Developer & Founder

I hope you do manage to create it though, this kind of user involvement is exactly what THT needs Smile
Nick - TheHostingTool Staff Coordinator

[Image: standard.png]

(06-17-2010, 03:20 PM)Nick Wrote: I hope you do manage to create it though, this kind of user involvement is exactly what THT needs Smile
Not particularly, that's why we decided to leave it out Wink

not the plugin choice Jonny, the fact that a user is willing to make a plugin at all, especially a plugin as intensive as these. THT is open source and community involvement is key in opensource projects. More involvement = more growth = more awesomeness = more users. What the plugin does is irrelevant.
Nick - TheHostingTool Staff Coordinator

[Image: standard.png]

(06-17-2010, 11:29 PM)Nick Wrote: not the plugin choice Jonny, the fact that a user is willing to make a plugin at all, especially a plugin as intensive as these. THT is open source and community involvement is key in opensource projects. More involvement = more growth = more awesomeness = more users. What the plugin does is irrelevant.
Yes, forums have became more active with arrival of several new users that help THT becoming more awesome and making such plugins is really awesome. Also the forum is becoming more...well forumish Tongue
Regards,
Andraž Rihtar
I totally agree with the statements above. I actually made a post to the staff saying that its more lively around here.

As a team we agree the paid system for THT is not what we're set out to do.

As a plugin and community asset. It's effective and like any plugin. Will do excellent.

Hi guys,

An update so you can see my partial work and this threat doest died.

[Image: 7d4d2e85841978.jpg] [Image: ff59dd85841979.jpg] [Image: 89e70e85841983.jpg] [Image: 1e747f85841985.jpg] [Image: 71403185841987.jpg]
Image Hosting provided by ImageBam

(06-18-2010, 09:13 AM)Jonny Wrote: I totally agree with the statements above. I actually made a post to the staff saying that its more lively around here.

As a team we agree the paid system for THT is not what we're set out to do.

As a plugin and community asset. It's effective and like any plugin. Will do excellent.