Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Suggestion
i was lookin around on google and i found something that would be nice to have on THT but it doesnt really need to be but i figured i would bring it up here and see what the people had to say about it

well i found this here http://domainshare.tk/

it allows people to sign up free .tk domains for there people that wants to order hosting and allows you to host them on your DNS and it got an api system too

i figured it would be nice feature for THT since alot of people that get free hosting use .tk domain names

i am one of the people that use .tk domains names because i cant afford a real one hehe
[Image: tv.png]
Hmm, this would really be a nice addon, specially because it uses the hosters DNS istead of dot.tk's + if the site is inactive you get notified about it and you cancel it, meaning that domain is available once again Smile
Regards,
Andraž Rihtar
I'll look into it as soon as the service is released.
Kevin Mark - TheHostingTool Lead Developer
(06-13-2010, 11:47 PM)Kevin Wrote: I'll look into it as soon as the service is released.
Awesome, thanks Smile
Regards,
Andraž Rihtar
Free Domain Registration as a free host script is an excellent suggestion.

Doesn't co.cc provide similar functionality? It's definitely something worth putting in.
Jonny H - THT Main Developer & Founder

I don't think CO.CC has an API like they are saying .TK does. Having DNS control in THT for free domains would be excellent though, but maybe setting up THT to automatically register CO.CCs could be done. Smile
- KuJoe
so i guess i found something good then hehe
[Image: tv.png]
(06-14-2010, 04:51 PM)KuJoe Wrote: I don't think CO.CC has an API like they are saying .TK does. Having DNS control in THT for free domains would be excellent though, but maybe setting up THT to automatically register CO.CCs could be done. Smile
That would be awesome Big Grin
Regards,
Andraž Rihtar
I'd personally contact them regarding any API's and if they would be interested in it.

I think it completely has potential.
Jonny H - THT Main Developer & Founder

Not to mention CO.CC makes me good money even without the integration. If integrated into THT, the income potential alone is worth it. The only problem I see if without an API, all orders placed will register as the server's IP and thus will result in a lot of CO.CC accounts being closed because of abuse.
- KuJoe