Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Users table
Why there are 2 tables (user, user_back) with the same user information?
The "_back" tables are backups of the users and user_packs. These are there for 2 reasons:
1) In case a user's account or package is deleted accidentally.
2) In case the user signs up with valid information, then changes it and abuses your service you still have valid contact information on the user.

I was intending to add an option to enable or disable the "backups" but I was going to see how the current users felt about it.
- KuJoe
Hmm. Well if we are doing that... Is there a way we can make it track ALL user account changes, instead of just current and original.
[Image: sig.png]
I considered that, maybe in the future.
- KuJoe
Well, there are many ways of "backuping" data, you can add an "activation" or "visibility" boolean field in the table, so you are not forced to delete the user record in the database . You just change the status.
I find this method easier based on the current code that was in the system prior to my arrival. Wink
- KuJoe
Moved to General Support.
Kevin Mark - TheHostingTool Lead Developer
(06-11-2010, 04:08 AM)KuJoe Wrote: I find this method easier based on the current code that was in the system prior to my arrival. Wink

Ok I get it! Hope nobody have 10000 users. In their system!!
And if they do?
- KuJoe
(06-15-2010, 07:22 AM)KuJoe Wrote: And if they do?

Then you will have 2 tables with the same data, 10000 extra records for nothing.... mmm normalization??