Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ISPconfig + thehostingtool
What about of create a new server type (bridge) with ISPConfig 3.
I know they create an API. This is planned somewhere in the roadmap?
With this feature we can have a real open source web hosting solution.

Is there any documentation to create a new "bridge" ?
I've been looking into ISPConfig the past few weeks and it looks pretty cool. I doubt we're going to be able to put this into the 1.2.x series but it's possible as a plugin.
Kevin Mark - TheHostingTool Lead Developer
(06-03-2010, 12:43 AM)Kevin Wrote: I've been looking into ISPConfig the past few weeks and it looks pretty cool. I doubt we're going to be able to put this into the 1.2.x series but it's possible as a plugin.

Hello Kevin as I said in some other thread. I'm trying to integrate ISPConfig and the hosting tool THT. I have a question about how to integrate users from both systems. I don't know how this is done with CPanel.

In example, when creating a package in THT there is "backend" field that helps to check the relationship of a package in ISPConfig.

But with users... there is a "backend" user field? Example: in the user table "user_id_cp"?

Thanks in advance
Right, take a look in the whm.php in the includes subdirectories and have a look how that works.

That should answer your questions.
Jonny H - THT Main Developer & Founder

(06-14-2010, 11:49 AM)Jonny Wrote: Right, take a look in the whm.php in the includes subdirectories and have a look how that works.

That should answer your questions.

Thanks for your reponse, I check that file and nothing interesting is there. I guess that both systems (Cpanel + THT) shares the same "username" so there's no need of a "backend user" field.
You guess right.

That file basically is everything you need. THT calls those functions to create the account, suspend etc..

All you need 2 do is code it and add the record in the SQL.
Jonny H - THT Main Developer & Founder

Hopefully, this is the right thread to ask this question and really appreciate your help. It's been a long time when I used my ISPConfig 2. Why would ISPConfig 3 benefits me over another set - up? It is rewritten from scratch to support virtual users and multiple servers. ISPConfig 3 can not be used to Update a ISPConfig 2 installation at the moment.
Times like these are when I wish PHP was stricter with extension and implementation of classes.
Kevin Mark - TheHostingTool Lead Developer
Hello ! just so i understand correctly whm.php called when user is created , so to integrate with ispconfig all i need to do is create a function that adds username and password to ispconfig mysql database ? is this correct ? Thanks
There are problems with the installation process. I will do some tests with a test ispconfig server and will report back.