Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Error: Sorry, that username is reserved.
I have just set the script up and thought i would give it a bit of a test but no matter what name i put in for sub-domain when creating an account i keep getting this message.

Error: Sorry, that username is reserved.

Any ideas?
What username are you using?
- KuJoe
Thats an error from WHM.
Its a username WHM doesn't allow.
Jonny H - THT Main Developer & Founder

Um are you sure as i have tried many names and none work.

gavpedz
newtest
tester
forumtest
newwebsite
gamesroom
autismlife

i could go on i tried loads but none worked Huh
Well that is an error taken DIRECTLY from WHM itself, I didn't write that message. Check your settings.
Jonny H - THT Main Developer & Founder

weird ok thanks
Ok i think it must of been the username rather than subdomain name anyway i have now created an account and am in the clients area but there is nothing in the clients are to setup there site nothing to add/edit files ftp or cpanel am i missing something?

It has obviously created an account on the tht script and it has created a account in my whm but when the client logs in to client area what do they do then to create there site?
There is a link to cPanel in the login area if I'm not mistaken. You can always access it via yoursite.com:2082 (or https and 2083). yoursite/cpanel/ also works in most cases.
Kevin Mark - TheHostingTool Lead Developer
Yes thats the problem, there is no link.

I know you can access cpanel the other ways but some clients might not know this so i would be answering emails etc all the time asking how to access it or set up there site.
They get a link in the welcome e-mail. THT is a client management script, not a control panel.
- KuJoe