Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Announcing Google Code and Nightly Builds!
Brick 
Today, I'd like to bring to your attention two new services that we can now offer.

Google Code
Google Code is a service that let's us host our project's files and manage bug reports with its issue tracker. It also provides our Subversion hosting. Subversion is a version control system that allows us to easily make changes and collaborate with the rest of the team on improving and building on TheHostingTool. It also provides a good way to see what's been going on as far as development goes.

http://code.google.com/p/thehostingtool/

Nightly Builds
What are nightly builds? Essentially, they are snapshots of the main line of development (/trunk) in our Subversion repository. They are, as the name suggests, automatically made every night. These are not for production use and are not guaranteed to work! We offer them so that you can easily get a recent development copy of TheHostingTool for you to test. If you are willing to take a little harder route, we recommend checking out the Subversion repository directly.

If you're wondering how it works, it's just a bash cron job script that is set to run every night and a little .htaccess hacking. And if you're interested in obtaining the source, feel free to Private Message me.

http://nightly.thehostingtool.com/

Enjoy. Wink
Kevin Mark - TheHostingTool Lead Developer
Heart_Heart
- KuJoe
Kujoe the "Monkey Developer " that is cool
Kevins dream has officially come true. Well congrats Tongue
Jonny H - THT Main Developer & Founder

(05-23-2010, 05:05 PM)Jonny Wrote: Kevins dream has officially come true. Well congrats Tongue

Well, I had to do it sometime. Angel
Kevin Mark - TheHostingTool Lead Developer
Huzzah! Tis a good day for the developing world. Har har har, i don't mean third world countries.
[Image: sig.png]
Very nice!
[Image: hx2n7l.jpg]