Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4 warninings
(05-16-2010, 06:53 PM)Rip Wrote:
Quote:Have you tried replacing this PHP code: $diskfreespace = disk_free_space('/') with $diskfreespace = disk_free_space('/home/username'). Instead of username please put in whatever your cPanel username is.

have any idea where I could find that in the script?

the lack in php so they found that while doing research on my problem

The errors should tell you which file and line number.
Kevin Mark - TheHostingTool Lead Developer
it keeps pointing to

Quote:Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: open(/tmp/sess_349ff1423fcd5a750142d35cde12999e, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in /home/yourhost/public_html/client/includes/compiler.php on line 19

which is "session_start();"

I am not sure on what this is or does
(05-16-2010, 10:11 PM)Rip Wrote: it keeps pointing to

Quote:Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: open(/tmp/sess_349ff1423fcd5a750142d35cde12999e, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in /home/yourhost/public_html/client/includes/compiler.php on line 19

which is "session_start();"

I am not sure on what this is or does

Oh, sorry. Was thinking of a different thread. Has your host been able to fix the session problems?
Kevin Mark - TheHostingTool Lead Developer
all they had to say on the issue is

Quote:I'm not sure what you mean by this last question. I see that the error message has to do with "session_start();" however we do not do much PHP programming so I'm only able to suggest things to try and have you do in the PHP script to try and fix the issue. Our servers allow for most all PHP scripts to be installed successfully and run smoothly most of the time.

I would suggest trying to edit the PHP code using the suggested fix I sent to you before: Let me know if this fixes the issue.

replacing this PHP code: $diskfreespace = disk_free_space('/') with $diskfreespace = disk_free_space('/home/username'). Instead of username please put in whatever your cPanel username is.

I noticed that Host Tool is a billing software system. May I suggest you go into Fantastico in your cPanel account and install phpcoin or accountlab plus instead. Both are billing systems that I know work well (we've used both in the past). Maybe try one of those instead and see how you like them.
Ok so these are 2 different issues here. The disk_free_space has been dealt with many times so I will focus on the other issue. The problem is that you are unable to write to your server's /tmp directory (nothing we can help you with). Your only option is to have your host fix the permission issue or change where PHP saves sessions in the php.ini file (also nothing we can help you with). If you are unable to user a temporary directory than no PHP script that utilizes sessions will work on that host.
- KuJoe
If you are on a cPanel server running in suPHP mode, which I am wagering a guess you are, then try using a custom php.ini to override the systems default php.ini file and set a new session save path. If you have SSH access to the account where you are getting this error, do the following.

cd public_html
cp /usr/local/lib/php.ini .
nano php.ini

The edit the "session.save_path" value and set it to a path on your account such as /home/username/tmpdir .. and make sure you actually create that directory and set the perms to 777. So the line would read like this.

session.save_path = /home/username/tmpdir

Save and close.

Next, edit your .htaccess file and add the following line which will make your custom php.ini global for your site.

suPHP_ConfigPath /home/username/public_html/php.ini

Save and exit, and remember to replace username with the actual cPanel account username.

If you do not use SSH, then you can use the following PHP script to copy the system php.ini to your site .. just save as phpinicp.php and execute in a browser from your site. The edit the files via PHP (php.ini and .htaccess). And make sure to edit the "username" references in the script first.

PHP Code:
<?php
// Put all the php.ini parameters you want to change below. One per line.
// Follow the example format $parm[] = "parameter = value";
$parm[] = "session.save_path = /home/username/tmpdir";
// full unix path - location of the default php.ini file at your host
// you can determine the location of the default file using phpinfo()
$defaultPath "/usr/local/lib/php.ini"
// full unix path - location where you want your custom php.ini file
$customPath "/home/username/public_html/php.ini";
// nothing should change below this line.
if (file_exists($defaultPath)) {

$contents file_get_contents($defaultPath); 

$contents .= "\n\n; USER MODIFIED PARAMETERS FOLLOW\n\n";  
  foreach (
$parm as $value$contents .= $value " \n";
  if (
file_put_contents($customPath,$contents)) {
    if (
chmod($customPath,0600)) $message "The php.ini file has been modified and copied";
      else 
$message "Processing error - php.ini chmod failed";
  } else {

$message "Processing error - php.ini write failed";
  }
} else {

$message "Processing error - php.ini file not found";
}
echo 
$message;
?>