Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Multiple Server Help
Ok, right now, I have 2 servers (both seperate, named Jupiter, and Saturn)

Now, I have problem with the Saturn Server. Its a new server, first of all. And when users reach to step 5, they experience this error:
Quote:Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'String could not be parsed as XML' in /home/raikou/public_html/client/includes/servers/whm.php:61 Stack trace: #0 /home/raikou/public_html/client/includes/servers/whm.php(61): SimpleXMLElement->__construct('') #1 /home/raikou/public_html/client/includes/servers/whm.php(105): whm->remote('/xml-api/create...') #2 /home/raikou/public_html/client/includes/class_server.php(142): whm->signup('3', '0') #3 /home/raikou/public_html/client/includes/ajax.php(138): server->signup() #4 /home/raikou/public_html/client/includes/ajax.php(977): AJAX->create() #5 {main} thrown in /home/raikou/public_html/client/includes/servers/whm.php on line 61

If I set the Saturn Server's host name to localhost, it will connect to the Jupiter Server instead (where THT is hosted on).

What hostname should I use?
So you have THT on Jupiter and Saturn has WHM?
Kevin Mark - TheHostingTool Lead Developer
I think THT is on one server, and WHM is on both, so he can span accounts across two servers. One works, one doesn't.
You will need to enter a FQDN for the hostname (like host.domain.com) OR the IP of the server.
- KuJoe
THT is in the Jupiter server (where my main website is) and the Saturn server is the one not working.

I cant figure out the hostname for the saturn server. I tried its IP address and in step 5, it returns an error (mentioned on the top post)
I've found a few possible causes for this but I am unable to test any of them at the moment. I am acquiring a 2nd cPanel server for testing and will let you know what I find. In the meantime can you provide me with an admin login so I can view your server settings and phpinfo() in hopes to find a solution for you since it will take a while for me to get everything setup for my own testing?
- KuJoe
Ok, just did some testing. Login to the Admin area and go to General Settings > Security Settings then set "Connect to WHM via SSL?" to "Yes". This will fix the issue and allow you to create accounts on the remote server. Also, this will increase the security of your THT installation by encrypting the data when talking to the remote server. Wink
Oh wow, I just did a search and found the same problem with the solution so I thank you for wasting my time and money on this problem that was resolved a month ago. Please do a search before posting support threads. Rolleyes
- KuJoe