Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TheHostingTool 1.2.2 BETA!
Information 
Hello everyone, I am happy to announce that the progress of 1.2.2 has been coming along nicely but the area we are lacking right now is in the QA/testing aspect. I have been testing each feature as I put it into the code but that does mean that it will work the same on every server configuration or every THT setup.

Luckily, I am sure many of you out there are willing to help us out and test some code for us! Big Grin

Now the attachment I am providing is a BETA RELEASE of my code changes! This means that it IS NOT SUPPORTED! Any bugs you may experience are to be reported but any questions or additional support outside of the current stable release (1.2.1) will not be handled due to time constraints.

DO NOT UPGRADE A LIVE THT INSTALLATION TO THIS VERSION! Again, this has only been tested briefly by myself and we cannot guarantee that this will function properly on all installations (which is why we are releasing this so you can help us out!)

I am requesting all interested parties to download the 1.2.2b ZIP and either copy your current installations to run as a test setup or install it brand new for testing.

Not all of the new features are working 100% but while those are receiving the final touches I would like for you all to build a list of bugs (hopefully none, but unfortunately that's a rare case in any script) to work on once those features are done so we can speed up releasing a stable version.

What I can guarantee:
1.2.2b works without any issues on both my live system (upgraded from 1.2.1) and my test system (clean install of 1.2.2).

What I cannot guarantee:
1.2.2b will work without any issues on any other system (so do not upgrade a live 1.2.1 system!).

I know some of you requested the diff report to manually upgrade your heavily modified systems... unfortunately since this is a beta release you will have to hold off until the stable release (or use a program such as DiffDaff).

So for the brave, patient souls out there...
<Download removed.>

.txt   1.2.2_changelog.txt (Size: 3.19 KB / Downloads: 1,010)
- KuJoe
Only found two bugs so far...

1. You need to upload a blank php file named conf.inc.php to the /includes directory.

2. After entering MySQL details and pressing the Next Step button, I got the following message

Quote:Complete!
There were 1 errors while executing the SQL!

SQL Queries (Broke):
(20, 'Logs', 'report.png', 'logs')

I'm really looking forward to getting a copy of the confirmed stable version. Big Grin
Are you doing a new install or upgrade?
- KuJoe
(05-05-2010, 12:33 PM)Hostaculous Wrote: Only found two bugs so far...

1. You need to upload a blank php file named conf.inc.php to the /includes directory.

2. After entering MySQL details and pressing the Next Step button, I got the following message

Quote:Complete!
There were 1 errors while executing the SQL!

SQL Queries (Broke):
(20, 'Logs', 'report.png', 'logs')

I'm really looking forward to getting a copy of the confirmed stable version. Big Grin

The first one is not a bug. You need to create a blank file named conf.inc.php for security reasons and versioning purposes. The installer should mention that.
Kevin Mark - TheHostingTool Lead Developer
Oh, looked like a bug to me.

With stable version I didn't get any errors when at the install screen. Where as with the Beta I noticed errors were showing on the page due to the missing file named conf.inc. After uploading the file I was able to install the script.

It bugged me so I say it is a bug HAHA ;p

Can't wait for stable release.

Props to THT, especially to KuJoe for adding the extra features. Cool

@KuJoe it was a new install.
Fixed the .zip file. Big Grin
- KuJoe
(05-05-2010, 04:52 PM)KuJoe Wrote: Fixed the .zip file. Big Grin

All good now. Smile
If you guys prefer, we can have a conf.inc.php.default and you just have to take the .default off the end.
I was going to do that Kevin. Wink
- KuJoe
(05-05-2010, 06:29 PM)KuJoe Wrote: I was going to do that Kevin. Wink

Awesome, I sorta copied that idea from CakePHP.