Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Different TOS for different packages?
My reseller plans shall have a different TOS than my regular packages. Can this be easily done? Perhaps with a PHP "if" statement? (if package name contains "reseller"...)

Thanks
It can be done but it would require quite a bit of core edits to do if you want the TOS to be editable in the Admin Area. Unfortunately there is no real "clean" way of doing this because you'll also have to edit the database table structures or create new tables to do this.
- KuJoe
You could if you wanted have sub-sections of your ToS that was only for such and such a package.
Kevin Mark - TheHostingTool Lead Developer
Actually, here are 2 options that will prevent having to do database or multiple core edits:

1) Instead of including your TOS in THT, have just a link to your TOS web page (either by editing the TOS in the Admin Area or editing the orderform.tpl directly).

2) Manually edit step 2 in the order.tpl and create your own Hide/Show javascript giving each separate TOS. Of course this means that both will be visable, but then the user will know which TOS is for which package. (I used hidden DIVs here in this manner.)
- KuJoe