Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
P2H question
Hey!

I have a question regarding P2H module (or how is it called) in TheHostingTool. Ok, here I go Tongue

Does THT deletes the number of posts that are required for specific hosting plan when user "purchases" it or the post count remains the same?

I would like to know this, because I intend to allow users to purchase points (will do edits to make it points Tongue) and I don't want them to purchase points and then they go to waste on the end of the month, if so, is there any way I can edit that points will be taken away and if the user has X points in a month, those points that he didn't use up are carried to the next month (user doesn't needs to get X points again this new month).

Hopefully that makes any sence at all Tongue

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Svizy
Regards,
Andraž Rihtar
THT does not modify the forum database in any way. But THT does not have "rollover posts." If you make 50 posts in one month and you are only required to do 40 those 10 left over do not count towards next months goal. It might be possible to modify the system, however, and have "rollover points" though.
Kevin Mark - TheHostingTool Lead Developer
(04-20-2010, 03:52 PM)Kevin Wrote: THT does not modify the forum database in any way. But THT does not have "rollover posts." If you make 50 posts in one month and you are only required to do 40 those 10 left over do not count towards next months goal. It might be possible to modify the system, however, and have "rollover points" though.
Hmm, when I think of it. Not having "rollover points" would only benefit my forum's activity, because users would have to post each month to keep their plan.

Another question just poped up in my head Tongue

If user doesn't have any plan yet, can he use points/posts from previous month to "purchase" a plan or its same as above?
Regards,
Andraž Rihtar
(04-21-2010, 05:20 AM)Svizy Wrote:
(04-20-2010, 03:52 PM)Kevin Wrote: THT does not modify the forum database in any way. But THT does not have "rollover posts." If you make 50 posts in one month and you are only required to do 40 those 10 left over do not count towards next months goal. It might be possible to modify the system, however, and have "rollover points" though.
Hmm, when I think of it. Not having "rollover points" would only benefit my forum's activity, because users would have to post each month to keep their plan.

Another question just poped up in my head Tongue

If user doesn't have any plan yet, can he use points/posts from previous month to "purchase" a plan or its same as above?

It's the same. Keeping the system fairly uniform seems to be easier for people to understand when they're new to this type of hosting. And I like having no rollovers because I know at my host people would post a lot one month and then come back in another 6.
Kevin Mark - TheHostingTool Lead Developer