Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey!

Before I start, I know that there is a plugin in development that will make THT use point system's points istead of posts.

I'm wondering if there is any way to edit the THT default files and make THT use points istead of posts, if so, which files contain data that needs to be changed?

I want to do this only because I have a feeling that, that plugin will never see the sunlight Tongue
Regards,
Andraž Rihtar
in includes/modules/p2h.php

Thats where everything is regarding code for forums etc.
Jonny H - THT Main Developer & Founder

(04-14-2010, 10:32 AM)Jonny Wrote: in includes/modules/p2h.php

Thats where everything is regarding code for forums etc.
Thanks for that Jonny! Big Grin

I'm also wondering if it will be hard to change it? (I will use MyBB as always Wink)
Regards,
Andraž Rihtar
It shouldn't be hard at all. Maybe if we ever develop a hook system to allow for plugins like this without manual edits I'll add this isn't my MyBB integration one. Big Grin
- KuJoe
You should be fine, if you've got knowledge of PHP it should be up your street.

Ok thanks for your help guys, my co-owner should have enough experiance in PHP/MySQL to edit this then Big Grin

Thanks again Wink
Regards,
Andraž Rihtar
Another question came to my mind Tongue

Would it be hard to make it so that THT takes away the number of points neded for the hosting plan?

And if anyone would be willing to do this for me, because my friend says that he is having troubles even with making the first change (posts -> points) Tongue
Regards,
Andraž Rihtar
Moved thread to a more appropriate area. Wink
- KuJoe
(04-22-2010, 12:39 PM)Svizy Wrote: Would it be hard to make it so that THT takes away the number of points neded for the hosting plan?

Shouldn't be just get the number of points from the database, cast it to an integer, subtract the points you want to deduct then put it back in the database.
Kevin Mark - TheHostingTool Lead Developer
All you do, is change the database it gets the posts from for the points database. You'd have to change the words in the files from posts to points so people don't get confused though.