Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Signing up
Hey,
When you signup and eneter your username for clietn area etc.. it just checks for the length (I think) therefore if the name ist aken it will give it a green tick, a few steps later on it will say "Group name is taken"

I think ti should filter out already taken usernames as well as the length to save wasting time Tongue
We're working on making the AJAX checking better so this isn't a bad idea. Wink
- KuJoe
(04-13-2010, 01:52 AM)KuJoe Wrote: We're working on making the AJAX checking better so this isn't a bad idea. Wink

Coolio thanks for the positive reply Big Grin
I think it checks for duplication also.

The thing is with errors like that, they're mostly weird WHM errors which and reported in THT and it's very hard finding them out. It should just be explained better.
Jonny H - THT Main Developer & Founder

Actually that's a good point Jonny.

The AJAX checking in the order form already checks if the username is in use in THT. The error "Group name is taken" means that the username is not being used in THT but is being used on the server. The remedy this, I am making an editable blacklist of usernames and subdomains with the most common Linux accounts and a list of sub-domains you most likely don't want your users using so you can take current accounts (such as your main domain user) and add it to the blacklist so that the AJAX checking will prevent the "Group name is taken error".

I did something similar to this a while back when I had THT and WHMCS on the same server so that THT wouldn't accept any username created by WHMCS. Wink
- KuJoe
I see Wink.

Well just for the info:
I used my admin cp user in my order (Both being: alex) xD
Yeah that confused me the first time I found that out too. Since admins and clients are different tables they don't talk to each other. The order form only checks for existing clients.
- KuJoe
Yeah that's great KuJoe. I think we should just also make the error message easier, making sure the user or webmaster knows clearly that it's a WHM error not THT.
Jonny H - THT Main Developer & Founder