Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upgrade-only releases
I'm going to make a generalized statement: most users of THT have added countless tweaks specialized to their site.

So next time you guys release a new version, can you make two downloads? One for new installations containing all the files, and another for existing installations containing only files modified between the last release and the new release.
http://thehostingtool.com/forum/thread-679.html Wink
- KuJoe
Did that ever get resolved?
I'm not sure what you mean. We'll be releasing manual edits for those who don't want to copy over core files and lose their own code in the process.
- KuJoe
By this, do you mean the old way of.

FIND THIS, UPDATE OR REPLACE THIS etc.

If so, this would slow the dev process down by a unacceptable amount to be honest. Does SVN support this though?
Jonny H - THT Main Developer & Founder

According to Kevin we can provide a "diff. report" which will show the difference between 2 files (presumably 1.2.1 and 1.2.2 files). Wink
- KuJoe
You can do a difference report between any revision in SVN. You can compare single files or multiple files at once. Very effective and very nice. I plan on making the way we work with SVN a little different though. Everyone will have there own separate install and I'll have to change the installer a bit to get this to work. I also plan on making a read-only SVN repo available allowing people to get bleeding edge version and help with testing in a way. They can also supply patch files for devs to apply directly to the repo and easily make user-submitted changes.
Kevin Mark - TheHostingTool Lead Developer