Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ability to ban IPs and e-mails.
Information 
I found it to be really useful in iPanel and WHMCS when you can ban certain IPs (mostly from open proxies and data centers or "throw-away" e-mails). I already have implimented this in my own installation but it might be useful to provide as a standard feature since edits to core files isn't good for updates and there is no real plugin system in place.
- KuJoe
Ban IPs from THT itself or like cPanel's IP blocker?
Kevin Mark - TheHostingTool Lead Developer
From THT itself. I find it better this way because it prevents them from registering but it doesn't prevent them from viewing/clicking ads. Wink
- KuJoe
Like from THT add their IP to the cPanel deny list. That would be sweet.
[Image: sig.png]
No not at all. The cPanel deny list is not a good idea IMO because once you get about 500 IPs it can really slow down your site as apposed to having a PHP check the IP one 1 page.
- KuJoe
Sounds good.
I am having trouble integrating this into the Admin area. I suck at arrays. Sad
Here's what I have so far:

- KuJoe
(04-06-2010, 09:23 AM)KuJoe Wrote: I am having trouble integrating this into the Admin area. I suck at arrays. Sad
Here's what I have so far:

Looks good but what exactly is the problem? Also if you are going to do this it might be helpful to ban users by an entire network portion. IE: if the user was 127.0.0.1 then ban all users at 127.0.0.* or something similar.
I had thought of that, I will look into allowing wildcards. Wink
- KuJoe