Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Installation Problems?
Hi All,

THT Version: 1.2
Your THT installation URL: http://www.jovca.com/accounts/
Browser (including version): Firefox 3.5.7 (also tried in IE 8)
Your Operating System: Windows 7 64 Bit
Server's Operating System: Linux
Apache Version: 2.2.14 (Unix)
Control Panel Type: cPanel/WHM
Control Panel Version: 11.24.5-STABLE
Error: None as such (so below)
Problem:

I have been trying to install THT for a while now without success. Basically everything works fine until step 4 of the installation process. The database details are accepted and all, but after typing in the details for step 4, the submit button changes into a "Working..." button and then absolutely nothing happens. I did trying logging into the AdminCP using the appropriate info chosen in step 4 without success.

So far I've tried in different browsers (firefox and IE latest versions), different installation paths, different MYSQL databases (you have no idea how many I've tried creating and then deleted again!).

Any ideas?

Cheers!

James
To correct the above, the installation here has now been successful thanks to some help from one of our staff members.

However, my new question seems to be a common problem amongst other users but unless we can fix it, the system is useless...! If you try following the order process, you are not able to get any further than the terms of service page. After ticking the TOS box the page goes dead - similar problem as before! I've tried in different browsers but had no luck. Any ideas?

Cheers
(01-22-2010, 03:10 PM)James Wrote: To correct the above, the installation here has now been successful thanks to some help from one of our staff members.

However, my new question seems to be a common problem amongst other users but unless we can fix it, the system is useless...! If you try following the order process, you are not able to get any further than the terms of service page. After ticking the TOS box the page goes dead - similar problem as before! I've tried in different browsers but had no luck. Any ideas?

Cheers

I believe this is a JavaScript too much recursion error in the jQuery library. In THT 1.2.1 we'll be using the newely released jQuery 1.4 and that may fix some things. We'll be looking into this further.
Kevin Mark - TheHostingTool Lead Developer
Sad 
Can't get past the Terms of Service page when I click continue... is there a fix for this?
(01-02-2012, 06:49 PM)uswebcen Wrote: Can't get past the Terms of Service page when I click continue... is there a fix for this?

THT must be accessed from your "Site URL" for things to work correctly.

So if your site URL is: http://example.com/tht/
You cannot access your site from any other URL including: http://www.example.com/tht
Kevin Mark - TheHostingTool Lead Developer
I met that said:"Your ../includes/conf.inc.php file doesn't exist! Please create it!"
You have to create a blank file inside the "includes" folder named conf.inc.php.
Remote Servers - Shared, Reseller & KVM Hosting Services