Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scalable Resources?
I dunno whether this is possible... but it's worth asking!

Scalable resources! Basically, a client can just drag a bar across and give themselves more resources at a cost per unit, then hit OK and have the resources instantly added on Big Grin came up with the idea while on the MediaTemple Website as they offer a similar facility on their VDS packages Smile is it actually possible? if you can't implement it i will try and find someone to code and release it as a plugin Smile
Wouldn't really be possible and for the problems it would cause for a feature like that, not worth it really.
Jonny H - THT Main Developer & Founder

What sort of problems would it cause? And is it in general possible to implement that sort of self upgrading feature in any way?
(10-27-2009, 07:32 PM)buttons Wrote: What sort of problems would it cause? And is it in general possible to implement that sort of self upgrading feature in any way?

You mean like upgrading your package? That can be done. With some h4xx. Tongue
Kevin Mark - TheHostingTool Lead Developer
lol :p i mean clients being able to scale their own resources and automatically get charged for it. Big Grin
Because, their isn't a really good API in both WHM/DA which allows editing off the packages so it would have to be built with some very complicated and potential bug worthy code. Then there would be the problem of monthly billing that and working it out and charging it properly.

Ok Smile thanks for the answer, at least i know its possible :p
The best way that we could do this would involve a complex server side application that would needed to be installed on the server that has WHM. For many, that's out of the question.
Kevin Mark - TheHostingTool Lead Developer
hmm, i came up with another idea, preassign the resources to the user and just um don't tell the customer that :p then they scale in fixed increments, with it capping obviously at the preassigned limit!
Well still, it would just be a fancy upgrade/downgrade.