Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Signup Password
Bug 
I was trying to create a test account after I just installed 1.2, and I noticed that after you enter the username, password, and email, it will say it is alright (with the green checkmark) then it will go to the next page, you enter the domain, then you click next, and it told me the password was not strong enough.

2 things:
I would like to change the setting that determines how strong the password must be.

Also, I think it should alert you when you type the password that it is not strong enough, instead of going ahead 2 pages.
EDIT: No matter what I cannot create a password that is strong enough, I can see this deterring many customers. I tried this password, which was a randomly created set of numbers and letters, and it still said it was not strong enough:
8n3ds41wmzk

Now if anyone can guess that password, my hat is off to them.
EDIT2: I got it to work with this password: zA2Kv3fEQIG6, but that is wayyy too complex for the average person. Also I noticed after I entered that password that it told me then that the username was too long, max was 8 characters, it should say that when you enter it.
That has to do with the cPanel security settings, not THT, check with your server admin. As for telling them right away, well add this into a future release.
Nick - TheHostingTool Staff Coordinator

[Image: standard.png]

Ah I see, I assumed it was the script. Thanks!