Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Error 0
I get this error when I tried to signup.
TheHostingTool Wrote:Error: 0 Sorry, resellers are not permitted to create subdomains of the server's main domain

I've also seen this happen on the development demo. I don't think this is a bug. But why aren't resellers allowed to do that? If resellers can't, then that might mean Tyreus' inability to use THT. Sad

EDIT: I also get this error when I select the Domain option.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Kevin Mark - TheHostingTool Lead Developer
If the error starts with Error: it means THT has just outputted what WHM has said. Let me explain something. The VPS THT runs on has the main domain thehostingtool.com, the dev area runs off a reseller on the vps. The reseller isn't allowed to make subdomains with the servers main domain.
Jonny H - THT Main Developer & Founder

I'm trying to get the script to work on a sub directory of our main tyreus.com domain. The script is using the tyreus reseller account.
No, Kevin you don't understand. I did not write this error. It's what WHM outputted when the account is being created. You must be trying to create an account under the servers main domain.

You need to use the root WHM access hash, not the reseller one.
(12-01-2008, 05:54 AM)Jonny Wrote: No, Kevin you don't understand. I did not write this error. It's what WHM outputted when the account is being created. You must be trying to create an account under the servers main domain.

I understand. Wink I was trying to say that cP Creator does it... Huh

(12-01-2008, 10:22 AM)hamster Wrote: You need to use the root WHM access hash, not the reseller one.

Why? I can go right into WHM as reseller and create a account @tyreus.com Smile
cP Creator will do it most likely.
Well, if its the servers main domain it will say that. May be a config option in the WHM.

I usually access WHM at tyreus.com through the SSL / TLS port. (2087) I'll try generating a hash through its IP address and see if that works. Wink

I'm on IRC if you wish to chat there.
Im in IRC.

No matter what I do, I'm still getting that error. I have no problem creating an account via WHM @tyreus.com