Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forced Ads - Force Header and Footer Ads on Your Users
this will only ad advertisements to accounts with the plan defined in the file. so if you want users to be able to get rid of adverts, move them to a different plan.
Nick - TheHostingTool Staff Coordinator

[Image: standard.png]

or another thing you could do is as a feature where they could pay like 2 bucks a month to keep the ads removed from there site

figured i would put my 2 cents in hehe Tongue
[Image: tv.png]
It wont let me download the plugin.
The links down Sad
Sounds like a good plugin anyway.
sorry, we lost the file when the server was hacked. Ill dig up what i have and recreate the plugin.
----

The Link is Back Up. Enjoy the Plugin Big Grin

I know this may not be possible but, can this code be used on a server that is not using THT? I use ClientExec but, all the time it takes making sure my clients are displaying my ads is a pain in the a%%, and I would really like to have something like this.
yeah, you will just have to put the ads folder somewhere else and change the links in the conf file.

Oh ok, great! Thanks for the response!
After looking at the config file for the forced ads, I have a couple of questions.

1. I am a bit confused on how and where I need to enter the required info. It says :
'plans' => array( # Array of plans you want to apply ads on
'adsplan' # This is the WHM name of the plan(s) you want to put ads on

Do I just remove "# Array of plans you want to apply ads on", and put the info there, or does it need to be in quotes?
Also, I see that "adsplan" is asking for the package name but, I don't understand what "plans" is asking for. Is it the same info in that space as well? What is it asking for in the "plans" section?

2. Will this force the ads onto domains that are already hosted on the server, or will it only work on domains that are created after the installation of this script?

Thanks again for the great script!
1)
it should be like this: (in the example, my cpanel username is nick and the plan i want ads on is free and free2
'nick_free' # This is the WHM name of the plan(s) you want to put ads on
'nick_free2' # Just add additional lines right under the first one with your other plan names, if any.

if you are using root with THT, then it will probably look like this:
'free' # This is the WHM name of the plan(s) you want to put ads on
'free2' # Just add additional lines right under the first one with your other plan names, if any.

2) This *should* only take effect new plans created after this plugin is installed. I haven't tested to see if it will back update, but i doubt it.

Split the support conversation we were having to http://thehostingtool.com/forum/thread-611.html so it's in the support forum and not dominating this thread.
Nelson - Retired TheHostingTool Developer
[Image: sleek.png]