Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Signing Up
Anyone who signs up to the Forum should automatically be added to the THT Script database, so people don't have to re-signup with a new name which takes time.

Just a suggestion.
well look into this. its doable, but needs a modification of the way THT handles signups for packages.
Nick - TheHostingTool Staff Coordinator

[Image: standard.png]

That would be a heavy modifcation but, it's an excellent idea and would require alot of work and forum testing. Maybe a future version?
Jonny H - THT Main Developer & Founder

Maybe a better solution is the reverse? Sign up on THT and it gives you an account on the forums? That might be easier.
Kevin Mark - TheHostingTool Lead Developer
What ever is easiest. Both ways would be superb.

THT would need to connect to the Forum database if im correct and vice versa?
Yes you're correct. Either that or make some sort of API. Which is probably over kill.
I think this would be a great idea.. I'm just a user on a free host who uses THT and was frustrated to have to register on their forums as well. Sad

But this would be very good because I'm using this software for my hosting site.
If you add this high modification make sure you add some sort of way to disable it. Not all hosting companies want a forum.
I shouldn't be so hard, basically all you need is a registration form that sends out the registration details to THT AND to the Forum CMS Database's, now the painful part is to get it to work on all main forums CMS's Sad.
(10-30-2009, 11:12 PM)Zomaian Wrote: I shouldn't be so hard, basically all you need is a registration form that sends out the registration details to THT AND to the Forum CMS Database's, now the painful part is to get it to work on all main forums CMS's Sad.

It's even more painful than that. This probably isn't the best idea to put in THT. If a webhost wants this sort of ability they can code it themselves for themselves. Since everyone's situation varies.