Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Error when testing server
(08-20-2014, 09:31 PM)Kevin Wrote: THT can run on a shared server but it needs a way to talk with your VPS. The server in THT should be set up with the IP pointing to your VPS. Are you using cPanel/WHM on your VPS?

As I can do to make this THT in a shared hosting talk with my VPS? Servers within the THT is added the IP of the VPS with the user and the hash, I use cPanel/WHM on VPS.

What should I do to make this THT in a shared, talk to the VPS?
I'm not certain what you're asking. Once you enter the remote IP and username/access hash THT will talk to the remote server just like it is a local one.
Kevin Mark - TheHostingTool Lead Developer
(08-21-2014, 09:05 PM)Kevin Wrote: I'm not certain what you're asking. Once you enter the remote IP and username/access hash THT will talk to the remote server just like it is a local one.

That I do, but it does not.
Then THT gives you a 500 error? This brings us back to the original discussion. It's a PHP or an Apache error. The error logs on your shared host need to be examined to find it.
All I have to ask the vendor? Because the FTP or cPanel error_log shows me.
Since this error started when you moved your THT installation to a shared hosting account, let me get these basic troubleshooting tips for you:

1) Is cURL installed?
2) Are SSL connections allowed via cURL in your configuration?
3) Is a firewall blocking outgoing connections from your THT installation to your WHM server?

You may have already done these checks, just posting this here to confirm.
Remote Servers - Shared, Reseller & KVM Hosting Services
(08-23-2014, 12:37 PM)Liam D. Wrote: Since this error started when you moved your THT installation to a shared hosting account, let me get these basic troubleshooting tips for you:

1) Is cURL installed?
2) Are SSL connections allowed via cURL in your configuration?
3) Is a firewall blocking outgoing connections from your THT installation to your WHM server?

You may have already done these checks, just posting this here to confirm.

1) Yes
2) Yes
3) Yes, the VPS (WHM) has a firewall also was thinking that the firewall may be causing the problem with the THT. What should I do?
So we've established that the server that THT is on should be correctly configured but it is returning a 500 error. It could be a SuPHP configuration error. That would show up in the Apache error log.

Open up compiler.php and add this before the error_reporting call:
PHP Code:
ini_set("display_errors""on");
ini_set("display_startup_errors""on");
ini_set("html_errors""on"); 

If that still doesn't work post (or PM me) your Apache Error log. I'd be very surprised if the 500 error was not logged there.
Do not load any error in the FTP or by the panel.
So you're no longer receiving the error? FTP has nothing to do with this.