Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Email Confirmation
I dont get what is the purpose of email confirmation.

If I disable admin manual approval, users can create cpanel accounts and login into em even if they didnt confirm their email address.

Shouldnt em be suspended til users confirm their address?

Thank you.
At this time e-mail confirmation helps facilitate automatic pruning of inactive users but doesn't actually do anything on its own. In other words, you need to use that information to manually (or programmatically) purge accounts.

(07-08-2014, 12:37 PM)qqsin Wrote: Shouldnt em be suspended til users confirm their address?

That's an option we hope to add in the future. With a more formal plugin system (also planned) a lot of different possibilities arise.
Kevin Mark - TheHostingTool Lead Developer
Thank you Kevin.
Sorry to put me, as I could do to accounts that do not confirm the email, accounts are removed programmatically?
I would like that cpanel accounts be actived once users confirm their email addresses, which makes sense as I see in many other scripts/services. Meanwhile email confirmation is done, cpanel accounts would be created & suspended til they confirm their mail addresses.
(07-15-2014, 07:12 AM)qqsin Wrote: I would like that cpanel accounts be actived once users confirm their email addresses, which makes sense as I see in many other scripts/services. Meanwhile email confirmation is done, cpanel accounts would be created & suspended til they confirm their mail addresses.

I can agree. Or else anyone can run rampant creating sites.
(07-19-2014, 03:53 PM)openminds Wrote:
(07-15-2014, 07:12 AM)qqsin Wrote: I would like that cpanel accounts be actived once users confirm their email addresses, which makes sense as I see in many other scripts/services. Meanwhile email confirmation is done, cpanel accounts would be created & suspended til they confirm their mail addresses.

I can agree. Or else anyone can run rampant creating sites.

Yes, that's the main reason: server overload & abuse.
What I'm saying is that in the meantime you can use the email confirmation info in the db to create your own script which kills accounts.
Yes you were clear from the beginning, it just a suggestion for future releases and i guess it is not really hard to add Smile

Thank you
The only reason it wasn't immediately implemented is because we need to make certain that the email validation process didn't interfere with the admin validation process and other auto-suspensions.