Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Client importer problem
After I import from WHM how do my clients login? Their cPanel or forum user name and pass don't work for THT client area. Their hosting account is imported but not their login credentials.

How can I fix this?
Hello,

The WHM Importer only imports the account names, as cpanel does not store the passwords in plain text, it cannot export those too.

You will need to change the password of each user that wants access, which at the moment, you cannot do. But you will be able to in 1.2

- Rich
Rich - Ex lead developer
Thanks Rich, a nifty feature for 1.2 should be to import the forum user's name and pass if you have THT set to P2H which is my case Sad

Maybe this should go in the suggestion forum, sorry.

When is v1.2 anticipated to be released?

thanks again Smile
Hello,

Yes, sorry about that - Im not sure what the point of the current importer is - but I will revamp it totally for v1.2.

Due to encryption, we would not be able to use the password on the forum system - but what about if the system generates a random password, grabs the email from WHM (if set) and emails the user their new password/username?

I do not have a date on when 1.2 will be released, all I can say is its being worked on daily, and new features are being added all the time. v1.2 is due to be a feature packed version and I'm sure it wont disapoint.
Rich - Ex lead developer
Simply brilliant, that's a great alternative. I can't wait to see how the new version turns out. Keep up the good work! In the meantime I'll work with what I've got.

Cheers. Smile
Currently, you can just have your users use the "reset password" function. its easy and lets them choose their password.
Nick - TheHostingTool Staff Coordinator

[Image: standard.png]

(04-22-2009, 07:39 AM)TheRaptor Wrote: Currently, you can just have your users use the "reset password" function. its easy and lets them choose their password.

That seemed like a good idea Sad but it doesn't work. I get "That account doesn't exist!" although it does exist and it has been imported.

Any idea what can be wrong?
The emails are all imported in as something like "[email protected]". Threfore, resetting the password is not possible in this instance.
Rich - Ex lead developer
(04-22-2009, 04:32 PM)Rich Wrote: The emails are all imported in as something like "[email protected]". Threfore, resetting the password is not possible in this instance.

Thanks TheRaptor, Rich is right but all I had to do was changed the email address on whmimport.php from "[email protected]" to my email and now I can reset the password for any user Smile

The problem now is that the THT client account is not tied to my P2H forum so even though I've managed to reset the password for imported users. Their post count is not connected to their forum account. How can I link the two manually?

Thank you both Smile
(04-21-2009, 08:35 PM)thinkgreen Wrote: Thanks TheRaptor, Rich is right but all I had to do was changed the email address on whmimport.php from "[email protected]" to my email and now I can reset the password for any user Smile

The problem now is that the THT client account is not tied to my P2H forum so even though I've managed to reset the password for imported users. Their post count is not connected to their forum account. How can I link the two manually?

Thank you both Smile

Not easily. as THT creates a new package each time it comes across one WHM, you will need to upgrade your users to a P2H plan, which again, you can currently not do.
Rich - Ex lead developer