Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Licensing Terms?
Hello.

As you might have already known, I am an active plugin developer for THT. But with too much features I want to add, I am now coding my own THT alternative.

Now, the project is licensed under the GNU General Public License, the same license THT is under. I am NOT modifying THT, I am starting off my own code.

My question is, does that kind of license setup allow me to copy a FEW lines of code from THT and include it to my THT alternative? With of course credits in the code comment.

I'm really confused with all the licensing stuff, since I'm still starting off. Any ideas? Thanks. Smile

BTW, I wanted to post the URL to my project site, but I think that isn't allowed. So, sorry Tongue

EDIT: I did a few research, and turns out I am allowed. So now consider this a post asking for your permission, since I don't really want to compete with THT.
Remote Servers - Shared, Reseller & KVM Hosting Services
Well to me, Its much much easier to add then to rewrite a new one from scratch,
There won't be any competition as your ll doing it for free and so is THT. But the efforts you ll put to rewrite a new scripts can be more fruitful and if you try to write some more plugins for THT that are in other Paid and then later THT team can make them official. Like THT 1.3.5 Reworked is an outstanding result Smile

It was just my thought, But of luck with your new baby tho Wink
HostingDream - Free Shared and Reseller Cloud Hosting Offers
█ Shared | Reseller | Cloud Server | Cloud Linux |
I'd rather do my own THT alternative, since the core of THT itself is a bit too messy IMO. If that's to change in v2, I'll fork it. Otherwise, custom-build is the way to go for me.
Remote Servers - Shared, Reseller & KVM Hosting Services