Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forum Username Changer
If your clients want to change their forum username, they can now do so from the client dashboard! Simply install this plugin, and whenever they want to change their forum username, direct them to Dashboard > Forum Posting and click on "Change Username".

Installation

Upload the zip file to your THT's root installation directory. Then unzip it from there, keeping the folder structure intact.

Known Issues

Version 1.04 = Does not check for passwords, although it checks if the user owns the THT account he wants to change. If he enters a wrong username, the cron will suspend his/her account, since it will return 0 posts made, so no big issue.

THT Versions

This has been tested with TheHostingTool v1.3 (Community Edition by Naven), although 99% probability it will also work in THT 1.2.x series (Official Edition)

Attached Files
.zip   THT_Change_Forum_Username.zip (Size: 10.24 KB / Downloads: 695)
Remote Servers - Shared, Reseller & KVM Hosting Services
Very nice. After some additional testing, this may be merged into a future release. With your permission.
Kevin Mark - TheHostingTool Lead Developer
By all means yes. Although I am still waiting for a THT release that separates forum class files so that it can check if the proper password has been provided for the username. Tongue

But sure, you're more than welcome to merge it to a release. Thanks Smile
for which forums does this support? is it made to be able to change username on IPB forum from THT?
It can only change the username specified on THT. If only p2h.php was separated into its own files... I originally planned to make it so that usernames are also changed in the forum software. But since that's not possible, it only changes the forum username set in THT.
Wow .... Worked great.
I could see Change forum Username link so i added a row in table clientnav table so this added a link for user in navigation bar.
This is perfect. Thanks for this.
HostingDream - Free Shared and Reseller Cloud Hosting Offers
█ Shared | Reseller | Cloud Server | Cloud Linux |
You're welcome. Smile As soon as I get my blog back on (a couple of hackers messed with it), I'll continue to write more plugins for THT.
oh wow thats great. We shall surly be waiting for those Smile
HostingDream - Free Shared and Reseller Cloud Hosting Offers
█ Shared | Reseller | Cloud Server | Cloud Linux |