Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Installation
Finally I discovered that "the hosting tool" does not support special characters.
(11-09-2011, 01:33 PM)rk1041 Wrote: Finally I discovered that "the hosting tool" does not support special characters.

Where and what exact characters?
Kevin Mark - TheHostingTool Lead Developer
I had put @ # in the password of my database user password and in the administrator password of the hosting tool during installation. First I removed those characters from the database password and the programme installed fine. But problem remained with the admin area log in. Then I again ran a fresh installation removing those characters from the administrator password field also. After all it installed fine and working. This may help to develop THT. Thanks.
(11-09-2011, 10:12 PM)rk1041 Wrote: I had put @ # in the password of my database user password and in the administrator password of the hosting tool during installation. First I removed those characters from the database password and the programme installed fine. But problem remained with the admin area log in. Then I again ran a fresh installation removing those characters from the administrator password field also. After all it installed fine and working. This may help to develop THT. Thanks.

Yep. There are some bugs with the "#" character in the database info.
Kevin Mark - TheHostingTool Lead Developer