Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pre Installation Questions
I've spent a bit of timetrying to find out what I need, but so far Ive not come up with complete answers, so I thought I'd ask. If I've missed an important reference that answers most of my questions, please give me a nudge in the right directions?

As I understand it, THT is a package that allows me to manage webhosting as a "reseller", i.e. I don't need to have full access to a dedicated server to use the system, I can use a lesser hosting account. If this is the case what is the minimum requires from the hosting account to use the package? i.e. would it work on a el-cheapo 2.99 hosting package, or do you need a resller account which allows you to have "clients"??

Secondly I notice that alot of the package is aimed at the post2host market, which is fine but if you want to offer a standard paypal subscription does it have any intergration into this sort of system available?

And finally, can it manage more than one server, so if I have hosting accounts on 10 or more servers can they all be managed from the one THT install, as a central point, allow customers to signup on their chosen server, and have more than one hosting account on different servers all managed from the central THT install?

To use THT, you will need a cPanel/WHM or DirectAdmin "reseller" account that allows you to have clients, a standard shared account will not work. Other than that, there aren't really many requirements, only that your server have PHP5, MySQL, and cURL installed and working.

Yes, THT has a basic built in system that will allow you to sell packages via paypal and generate monthly invoices.

Yes, THT can manage resellers on multiple servers. To do this, you simply add all the servers you would like to use from the admin CP, and then choose the server you want the package to be on when you create the package in the THT admin CP. So, if you want to have the package "Gold" on a server in Chicago and in Dallas, you would create two packages "Gold - Dallas" and "Gold - Chicago", and choose the appropriate server when creating the packages.
Nick - TheHostingTool Staff Coordinator

[Image: standard.png]

Thanks for the prompt reply Nick

Quote:Yes, THT can manage resellers on multiple servers. To do this, you simply add all the servers you would like to use from the admin CP, and then choose the server you want the package to be on when you create the package in the THT admin CP. So, if you want to have the package "Gold" on a server in Chicago and in Dallas, you would create two packages "Gold - Dallas" and "Gold - Chicago", and choose the appropriate server when creating the packages.

So could I have a package that would allow a customer to have different domains hosted on different servers, and they choose at the time of setup, which server they wish to use?
Not exactly. Right now, 1 package is confined to 1 server, So for this, the customer would have to sign up for two separate packages, one for each server they wish to have a domain on.

(11-19-2010, 05:49 PM)Nick Wrote: Not exactly. Right now, 1 package is confined to 1 server, So for this, the customer would have to sign up for two separate packages, one for each server they wish to have a domain on.

Hmm not quite what I need, I need the ability for a customer to pick the server for each new domain they add. All of which is part of one standard package.

hmm, I believe WHMCS can currently do that, so you might want to look into that. We are re-designing the order system for 2.0, so it might be possible then, but that will not be for several months yet.

(11-19-2010, 06:07 PM)Nick Wrote: hmm, I believe WHMCS can currently do that, so you might want to look into that. We are re-designing the order system for 2.0, so it might be possible then, but that will not be for several months yet.

Okay thanks Nick, I tend to prefer the open source approach if possible, I find the community to be much more resourceful and I can always poke around myself to fine tune the odd bit if needed. I find paid solutions tend to be take it or leave it, with even the slightest adjustment that would be 30mins work to myself, to much like hard work for suppliers.
Well, to do it now in THT you would have to re-do the order & package system, which is a fairly extensive thing. Sorry it doesn't fit your needs.