Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's not do that again...
Don't ya hate it when simple things end up going horribly wrong? Like rebuilding Apache & PHP to fix the Unknown Location bug? Of course.

So essentially Apache was offline for a bit (couple hours or so Dodgy) due to it failing to compile. Which was in turn because apparently upgrading to MySQL 5.1 is a pretty big no, no. Turned out MySQL 5.1 and cPanel don't play so nice together. Which somehow, caused EasyApache to screw itself over. Fun stuff.

With help from the awesome guys at Server Complete (seriously, they got back to my ticket in literally a couple minutes.) we were able to figure out the cause and downgrade MySQL. With a few more tweaks it was smooth sailing. Apart from SVN complaining, but I'll spare you that. :p

On a different note, I invite you to check out the new Drupal powered main site: http://thehostingtool.com/ I implemented Jonny's multi-column theme and was able to add a bit more functionality to... make it more functional. Enjoy the changes, and don't forget to update any old links that link to the old /site/ directory and its files.

A message to all cPanel/WHM users out there: Don't upgrade your server to use MySQL 5.1. Stick with 5.0 if possible. It'll save you a load of trouble. Maybe one day it'll work. Angel

Now if you'll excuse me it is currently 5:38 AM and I have yet to decide if I should sleep tonight. Big Grin
Kevin Mark - TheHostingTool Lead Developer
What was the Easy Apache error? Was it a memory one?

When compiling on this VPS because of the memory allocated, I used to disable all the services bar SSH and run it through there just for it to compile.

Glad you got it going Kevin.
Jonny H - THT Main Developer & Founder

Nah, it's usually fine with the memory. A MySQL module failed to load and then IonCube started throwing fatals on how it can't find this or that. Even when I choose to do a basic no PHP install.
nice layout
Just out of curiosity, do you guys pay for the cPanel license separate or is it included in the VPS?
- KuJoe
Our's is included with our VPS.
[Image: sig.png]
You guys are going to love Drupal.

After a few months.
(04-11-2010, 06:16 PM)Zack Wrote: You guys are going to love Drupal.

After a few months.

I already love Drupal. Been using it elsewhere for awhile now.
(04-11-2010, 03:55 PM)zzbomb Wrote: Our's is included with our VPS.

Oh, nvm then. Smile
- KuJoe
(04-11-2010, 08:03 PM)KuJoe Wrote:
(04-11-2010, 03:55 PM)zzbomb Wrote: Our's is included with our VPS.

Oh, nvm then. Smile

Well i meant like, my server is.. im not sure about THT's... i think theirs is. just check server complete's site.
[Image: sig.png]