Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
President's Day Update
Hello everyone! Today I'd like to give you guys a much deserved status update. I'll cover what's going on with THT 1.2.1, the Dev Team, and the future.

THT 1.2.1:
Without a doubt 1.2.1 covers alot. We managed to fix almost all of the known bugs. Not everything but most. And some new features. When it's released we'll have a full list of what's been done. Right now we only have a few (2-3) more bugs to squash. And then we'll wrap it up with the installer.

The Development Team:
The development team has been somewhat limited due to school, work, and other projects. Nelson has done some wonderful work on the upcoming Wiki/Documentation and we've all been trying our best to keep up with the support requests! If you wanna help out shoot me a PM and we'll talk. Wink

The Future:
We're planning a Admin CP redesign and the API. I've decided now that it will support both JSON and XML so we'll no longer be calling it an XML-API but just API. It will probably be put together incrementally. Meaning that it will be implemented gradually between releases. We want it to be easy to use and easy to understand.

If you have any more questions feel free to ask! We love to hear from you!
Kevin Mark - TheHostingTool Lead Developer
Will paypal and it's charges/taxes be integrated in this version? Also, how about package upgrader?
No, and no. This is mostly a bug fix release for things you see in the support forum.
eh, I'm so stupid when it comes to the upgrade number system(1.2/1.2.2/ etc)
Oh, one more question, I heavily modded the tht on my site, will this update have huge impacts to where I'd have to redo my edits?
No, it shouldn't kill anything. Hopefully. Angel Just backup and everything before, as always.
It would be great to have points instead of posts at some release.
Thanks Kevin! Woo hoo!
(02-17-2010, 02:25 PM)digifly Wrote: It would be great to have points instead of posts at some release.

The reason this hasn't already been done is that every forum software has its own point system. With posts, it can work for just about any forum of any kind. Wink
(02-17-2010, 04:43 PM)zzbomb Wrote: Thanks Kevin! Woo hoo!

Angel
(02-17-2010, 08:41 PM)Kevin Wrote:
(02-17-2010, 02:25 PM)digifly Wrote: It would be great to have points instead of posts at some release.

The reason this hasn't already been done is that every forum software has its own point system. With posts, it can work for just about any forum of any kind. Wink

I know it would just be a great feature, and it could be done so it only supports lets say smfShop, ibEconomy and whatever myBB uses these days (I forget Angel)