Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Package / Type
It would be great if we could tie hosting Types to hosting Packages.

Meaning you can choose whether someone can create/use a subdomain, domain, or both with a certain package.

This would be very helpful, because I wish to offer someone with a domain 15 subdomains.
However, it would be silly to offer someone with a subdomain subdomains.

If I could get a plugin or fix that does this, I would very grateful!
You mean you want to let them have 15 domains @ *.yourdomain.com? This, afaik, cannot be done in WHM. But if you mean limiting the package itself then yes.
Kevin Mark - TheHostingTool Lead Developer
(12-14-2009, 07:12 PM)Kevin Wrote: You mean you want to let them have 15 domains @ *.yourdomain.com? This, afaik, cannot be done in WHM. But if you mean limiting the package itself then yes.

I am referring to changing the way THT works; particularly the Order Form.

Right now, you choose your type and then you choose the package.

I would like to be able to specify which type(s) of THT hosting are allowed with each THT package.

For instance,
I have a package which offers the ability to create 15 subdomains.
This package is intended only for those who order domain (type) hosting.
However, unless I disable subdomains completely, there is no way to ensure the package will be used as intended.
So let's say package x requires a domain while package y requires a subdomain? This gets interesting because: If you get the subdomain option then you can just add a domain via cPanel. Unless, of course, you restrict that option. Tongue
Kevin Mark - TheHostingTool Lead Developer
(12-14-2009, 07:21 PM)Kevin Wrote: So let's say package x requires a domain while package y requires a subdomain? This gets interesting because: If you get the subdomain option then you can just add a domain via cPanel. Unless, of course, you restrict that option. Tongue

If package y requires a subdomain,
I would not give package y's WHM counter-part the ability to create Addon Domains, Parked Domains, or even Subdomains.

The problem is I have a THT package matched to a WHM package that has certain quotas and features.
These quotas and features are meant for a certain type (domain or subdomain) of hosting.
However, THT does not allow you to assign a hosting type to its packages.

Instead, you choose whatever hosting type you want.
Then, whatever hosting package you want.
Then it becomes interesting when the user has xyz.myhost.com and wants to park Xyz.info but it's been restricted. It may be a waste of time for support staff, but it can be done. It just wouldn't be a priority. Tongue
Nelson - Retired TheHostingTool Developer
[Image: sleek.png]
(12-14-2009, 07:30 PM)Nelson Wrote: Then it becomes interesting when the user has xyz.myhost.com and wants to park Xyz.info but it's been restricted. It may be a waste of time for support staff, but it can be done. It just wouldn't be a priority. Tongue

That's why it would be an option.
You can choose whether a package allows for domain, subdomain, or both types of hosting.

I, personally, would only need the package to specify domain or subdomain.
Because I wouldn't allow someone with subdomain type hosting to perform domain actions, i.e. parking.

Anyway,
I appreciate you guys doing it! I understand this is a free service, and it's really at your discretion.
Hopefully, it won't take too long Wink