Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Images not displaying
I know this was addressed in the sticky - that the URL needs to be adjusted in order for the images to display properly. That did fix the problem, but....

I believe the programmers should really address this. The code should use relative pathing based on the install.

I'm not sure why others here are experiencing the problem but here's my situation:

I have this script auto-installing at sign-up for a reseller accounts. Works great. Only problem is, until the dns servers are updated, the server ip address is given to the customer to access their site. So, until this happens, they would access like http://123.456.789.123/~mydomain/tht. TheHostingTool is accessible, as you would expect, but the images do not display.

Seriously, most other apps are coded using relative pathing. Try it. You'll like it. *wink*
Well not to mean anything bad bud ever thought of setting up a htaccess to redirect?
I did this for a very specific reason which I can't think of atm. I did make this in 2009 Wink.
Jonny H - THT Main Developer & Founder

(08-09-2011, 02:38 AM)seriesn Wrote: Well not to mean anything bad bud ever thought of setting up a htaccess to redirect?

Indeed. That's just as easy as going into the admin settings area and changing the url. Only problem is - this is an automated install. The new customer is asked, at sign up, to enter an admin user name, password, and select a directory to install. Trying to use .htaccess in the automated process would mean I would have to know the directory ahead of time.

I suppose one solution would be to force the install into a directory name chosen by me.

There are work-arounds but my point is simply, if the coding using relative paths for the images directory, this wouldn't be an issue.

Thanks for your input though!

(08-09-2011, 04:48 AM)Jonny Wrote: I did this for a very specific reason which I can't think of atm. I did make this in 2009 Wink.

I commend your efforts! Nice product. Maybe I can find a workaround...

Thanks!