THT Community

Full Version: Terminating an accoutn
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey,
When you terminate an account from the admin cp, if the cookie is still on the persons comp and its still like you know not updated if thats the word?

THT goes quite mufed up xD

This error displays about 3-4 times:
Code:
/////////////////THT ERROR
Error: Couldn't retrieve client data!
Username:
/////////////////

And the template goes all out of place etc...
It's actually a session (stored on server) not a cookie. We might be able to work around this by auto destroying the session if the "client data" can't be found.
What about storing the session in the database instead of in the /tmp directory (which I'm assuming is where it is now) so we can remove the row when an account is terminated?
We could, but it'd require a rewrite of the entire login and permission system.
Oh, maybe by 2.0? Wink
(04-13-2010, 02:12 AM)KuJoe Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, maybe by 2.0? Wink

For 2.0 I was thinking of doing this in CakePHP or something sexy like that. Tongue
(04-13-2010, 02:05 AM)KuJoe Wrote: [ -> ]What about storing the session in the database instead of in the /tmp directory (which I'm assuming is where it is now) so we can remove the row when an account is terminated?

(04-13-2010, 02:08 AM)Kevin Wrote: [ -> ]We could, but it'd require a rewrite of the entire login and permission system.

(04-13-2010, 02:12 AM)KuJoe Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, maybe by 2.0? Wink

Those 3 posts reminded me of my quest to stab MyBB's lead dev Tongue
-The admin cp bug allowing users to cause halm to sites via the admin template system (I run a MyBB host..), so the bug got out, many knew about it
-I asked Ryan to fix it
-He said no it requires a re-write of template system
-I say, its a bug, you guys promoted yourselves of being on top of bugs etc...
-He says "We'll see in MyBB 2.0"

--> Good luck fixing Big Grin, it isn't a major issue like the MyBB thing so it can wait Big Grin
They'll probably patch it before then. And if they don't, community patches will go up most likely.
There already was one by BMR777.
Nah, they ain't going to bother with it until MyBB 2.0

A patch has already been released but its not really a fix, its more of a cover up for saftey the patch = disabgling template editing feature in teh admin cp which decreases the value of MyBB forum hosting massivly. But then again, its the only way atm that patch was out by BMR777.

BMR777 = A legend.
Pages: 1 2