THT Community

Full Version: THT Templates: Shall we respect CSS2?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For your information, CSS3 is out. And I (The guy that creates styles for THT, along with Jonny's Help) like to dev with CSS Level 3. Even that CSS 2.1 is the CSS Level which is supported by many browsers, and CSS 3's portions are only eaten by Mozilla Firefox and Webkit-Based Browsers (Safari, Chrome). This is a problem for me, because I want to apply fancy borders without Images, pure CSS. Bleh - You say. Its impossible. Oh not?

Code:
.container{
-moz-border-radius: 3px;
-webkit-border-radius: 3px;
[......]

Yes, -moz, -webkit stuff are really cool. THEY ARE IN CSS Level 3, so don't complain and say "That's a Browser's Special Feature" - It isn't. Its CSS Level 3, and...? I mean, IE and Opera must go with CSS's Line. If they don't, I will ignore them.

Why I'm posting this? Because, I'm trying to make improvements on THT using CSS3's border-radius, opacity and more stuff that only Firefox/WebKit can support...

So, enough readin'. Let's Vote. CSS3, or not?
Sorry,but CSS2 is better cause alot of users still use IE :S
btw,"You do not have permission to access this page." the poll...
I also say respect CSS 2. Functionality comes before the GUI.
I think that I will make a custom css for CSS3 users. These that use Opera/IE, they can get Functionality and good GUI. Then, for CSS3 users, they will get even better GUI and more effects that only work on their browser. Wink

Any comments?
Sounds good with me! Cool
I don't have permission to vote on the poll....
Anyways, respect css2.
Well, I know this is sorta late but, if CSS3 is supported by IE7 and the latest version of Opera, I say go with it. However, it would be better to have a CSS2 & CSS3. And they should automatically be used depending on which browser is used.