Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MySQL Can't Connect
Sad 
Im trying to install THT v1.2.2 on my GoDaddy hosting account. I simply place the files on my server, visit the install directory and I get a message about not accessing the install file from the right directory. Anyway I edit the index.php file to comment out this check and I am able to visit the install page properly. I choose Install and no matter what I do it won't connect to my SQL database saying MySQL details are incorrect. I am 110% sure the details are correct because THT v1.0.1 installs flawlessly with same details. No other version works however.

I have tried adjusting permissions for conf.inc.php and /install/index.php
to 666. There was no difference even with 777. Just to let you know, I am not reselling on Godaddy I just host a site there, I am reselling elsewhere. I just want to host my script on Godaddy.

Any Help would be appreciated.
THANKS!
Have you tried making another database and trying it with that?
(09-02-2010, 12:18 AM)xpack Wrote: Have you tried making another database and trying it with that?

Yes, I have tried with multiple databases and MySQL version 4.1 and 5.0
Try the nightly builds, or else you may have to wait for one of the devs to give you an exact answer
I think the nightly build for 1.2's order form is broken. Make sure you use localhost or 127.0.0.1 unless GoDaddy says otherwise.
Kevin Mark - TheHostingTool Lead Developer
Godaddy provides a hostname for the database. I don't understand why the older version of THT works though and why 1.2.2 refuses to connect when I enter the details after i choose Install method.
Is there a way of somehow doing a manual install? Or a way to avoid using the MySQL details form in the installer?
The installer essentially makes conf.inc.php, parses the sql file in the sql folder, and then puts your admin details in. If you step through the installer code you can see exactly what it does.
Kevin Mark - TheHostingTool Lead Developer
(09-02-2010, 01:28 PM)Kevin Wrote: The installer essentially makes conf.inc.php, parses the sql file in the sql folder, and then puts your admin details in. If you step through the installer code you can see exactly what it does.

So, If i just edit my conf.inc.php, manually execute install.sql, put my info in there, I should be good?

How would I tell THT that it is installed though? Where would I find this check in the code?
Where in the SQL is the admin password stored?
The check is done from compiler.php in the includes folder
I don't see it, could you tell me where to find it? Line number maybe?